Friday, March 1, 2013

WW For the Win

I am a copycat.  I joined Weight Watchers in January.  Erica Friedman is so inspiring (although she works a lot harder at it than I can).  And Buck is looking fantastic too.  I figured I could do it.  I love food.  I don't eat a lot of crap, just a lot of candy.  I joined while they were having a special: sign up for three months and they waive the joiner's fee.  I figured at the time that paying for something would be an incentive and also I am competitive, and since I quit playing Farmville, I needed another competitive electronic activity in my life.  


I lost six pounds in a month!  But then I gained back a pound (stupid birthday parties).  And then I gained back another pound (stupid book clubs and Oscar parties).  So that was discouraging.  It's hard to eat well all week, and starve, let's face it, but when you want to live your life and go out with friends, you wreck all your hard work.  I love food.  Mer.  But I am ready to get back on track.  I'm getting rid of the candy on my desk.  I've gotten back on my snowshoes in order to earn extra activity points (come on snowiest month!).  I've found something to satisfy my constant 3:00 pm Cheetos craving.  I love food.  But I can do it.

No comments: